Removing moisture with dry heat is an essential step for paper mills, and heavy-duty heat exchangers are the most reliable equipment to use when transforming wood pulp to paper.
Advanced Coil understands that the paper mill industry faces unique challenges including large air volumes, unfiltered air full of fibrous particulate, and intense humidity. These factors, among others, push coils to the limit, causing coils to plug which requires pressure washing to be cleaned. Fins on conventional spiral wrapped coils, or light duty industrial coils, trap the particulate in the fin bundle. Frequent cleaning will damage conventional fins which impairs both the safety and efficiency of the equipment. To combat this, Advanced Coil has developed heavy-duty coils that stand up to the extreme environmental factors and care requirements of the pulp and paper industry.
Our heavy-duty fins are fabricated from half-hard Aluminum and Copper and are offered in thicknesses of 0.016”, 0.025”, 0.032” and 0.040” that withstand the rigirs of high pressure washing. We also offer fins made from either 304 or 316 Stainless Steel in thicknesses of 0.010”, 0.015” and 0.020” that are suitable for corrosive environments. We use 7/8” O.D. tubing made from either 304LSS, 316LSS or carbon steel with wall thicknesses of 0.049″, 0.083” or 0.109”.
Why choose Advanced Coil?
Advanced Coil’s plate fin design and wide fin spacing are particularly suitable for the pulp and paper industry. We understand that paper machines run 24/7 with few shutdown periods during the year so there’s no time to shut down to replace a coil that has failed. Our quality coils can withstand constant operation and cleaning and the benefits of using our coils for paper drying applications include:
- Reduced amounts of fibrous particulate deposits on the coil face
- Heavy-duty fins can withstand high pressure washing
- Reliability and longevity
- Unexpanded tubes provide a higher level of corrosion protection
- Welded joint construction that can withstand high pressure steam (>25 psig)
- Heresite and Electrofin coatings available on all products
Exchanger Applications in the Pulp & Paper Industry
- Dryer hood air supplies on the paper machines
- Building make-up air units
- Boiler air pre-heats
- Exhaust heat recovery from the paper machine