Drying is an essential step for paper mills, and heavy-duty heat exchangers are the most reliable equipment to use when transforming wood pulp to paper.
Advanced Coil understands that the paper mill industry faces unique challenges including large air volumes, unfiltered air full of fibrous particulate, and intense humidity. These factors, among others, push coils to the test, causing coils to plug and require pressure washing to be cleaned. Conventional spiral wrapped coils collapse under the high pressure hose when being washed, but Advanced Coil has developped heavy-duty coils that stand up to the extreme environmental factors and care requirements of the pulp and paper industry.
Our coils are fabricated from half-hard Aluminum or Copper and are offered in thicknesses of 0.016”, 0.025”, 0.035” and 0.040”. We also offer fins made from either 304 or 316 Stainless Steel in thicknesses of 0.010”, 0.015” and 0.020”. We use 7/8” O.D. tubing made from either 304LSS, 316LSS or Carbon steel with wall thicknesses of 0.049:, 0.083” of 0.109”.
Why choose Advanced Coil?
Advanced Coil's plate fin design and wide fin spacing are particularly suitable for the pulp and paper industry. We understand that paper machines run 24/7 with few shutdown periods during the year so theres no chance to shut down to replace a coil that has failed. Our quality coils can withstand constant operation and benefits of using our coils for paper drying applications include:
- Reduced amounts of fibrous particulate deposits on the coil face
- Heavy-duty fins can withstand high pressure washing
- Reliability and longevity
- Unexpanded tubes provide a higher level of corrosion protection
- Welded joint construction that can withstand 100-150 psi steam
- Heresite and Electrofin coatings available on all products
Exchanger Applications in the Pulp & Paper Industry
- Dryer hoods on the paper machines
- Building make-up air units
- Boiler pre-heats
- Exhaust heat recovery from the paper machine